Over the weekend there will be the screening of the selected movies and Q&A panels with the Finalist submissions Directors, and possibly professional workshops regarding the Movie Industry.
Festival Fee is 5 pounds on Saturday, 7 on Sunday or 10,00 pounds per person valid for entry the 2 days of the Festival and free access to all the screenings. Fee is waived for all Festival Finalists and a friend.
The aim of the Festival is to encourage the rights of all attendees to access and experience the power of independent filmmaking, to promote movie culture, artistic excellence and the creative freedom of artists without censorship.
On Friday 27th October there will be a small Welcome Cocktail for all finalists to mingle and know each other.
Our Partner IPitch.tv will offer a free 3 months membership to all category finalists and 1 year free membership to the winners of the Festival.
iPITCH.TV offers a next generation platform for creators of original pitches for TV, Film & Digital Media to connect directly with Hollywood Producers and Studio Executives and gives creators industry pro advice on how to pitch a television show or feature film. Pitch your idea for a Movie, Screenplay, Television Show, Short Film, New Media Project and more.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Accepted categories for entries are:
-Fantasy ( Celtic Myth, legends, history)
-Sci-fi (experimental, alternate universe reality)
Entries maybe in form of short movie, documentary or animation movie.
– Maximum duration time is 30 minutes (including credits).
– Only those films produced after September 1st of 2015 will be accepted.
– Short films may be submitted only as an online screener hosted by Film Freeway .
-There are no limits to the number of entries a filmmaker may enter, but these have to be submitted separately.
– Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
– Films previously submitted to the Celtic Mystery Film Festival are NOT eligible.
– Films that (a) have screened publicly in the London area, (b) have had a theatrical run in the UK prior to the Festival dates, (c) have aired on UK television prior to the Festival dates, or (d) are available for purchase in UK are NOT eligible.
– Previous screenings at other film festivals, as well as private, industry, and press screenings ARE eligible.
– All entries must be made in English or subtitled in English.
– Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
– Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the selecting committee will only consider the version submitted and the film has to be completed by October 5th 2017.
– Films produced, financed, or initiated by a major motion picture studio are not eligible for the competition.
– FENetwork LLC and the CMF are not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds
– Cash prizes and categories listed online are not set on exact figures and may vary.
-Filmmaker grants the CMSM Festival the right to use excerpts from the film including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival.
The requested materials are:
– The short film (screener on Filmfreeway)
Any short films that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
Early deadline entries must be postmarked by April 30th 2017. Regular deadline entries must be postmarked by 31st July 2017. Late deadline entries must be postmarked by 1st October 2017.
- ENTRY FEE
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results in case of selection.
Early Bird 30 April 20$
Regular Deadline 31 July 30$
Late Deadline 1 October 45$
- SELECTION PROCESS
-A maximum of 5 films of Short Film, per category will be selected to be screened at the festival and will enter the contest.
-Once these short films are selected, participants will be contacted through their email accounts.
Those short films that have been selected cannot leave the contest and they have to provide:
Photocopy of the Filmmaker’s ID
Three (3) still shots from the film in .jpg with 150 dpi
One (1) picture of the filmmaker .jpg
Director’s filmography in pdf. Format.
Subtitles file (.srt) in English.
– The following exhibition formats are eligible for Festival screening: .MOV .MPEG4
-The festival will not accept DVDs and will not return any screener. Pendrives and external Hdd ARE accepted.
-The selected filmmakers should attend the event or send a representative.
– The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant.
-All selected short films are committed to use the selection logo from The Celtic Mystery Short Movie Festival.
-The festival will not notify if your short is not selected. There will be a selected list in our website and social networks. We recommend you to subscribe to it.
– All entrants will be notified on or before October 8, 2017.
– All competitive film categories are judged before the Festival
- THE JURY
-The jury will include professionals from the filmmaking world, media and teaching.
-The judges decision will be irrevocable.
- MATERIAL AND RIGHTS
-All copies presented in this contest will not be returned and will be part of the contest archive and videolibrary. Celtic Mystery Short Film Festival is committed to exclusively use these copies for cultural purposes and never in a commercial way.
- REGULATIONS ACCEPTANCE
Once they are submitted, all participants fully accept our rules and regulations for participating, and also the resolutions adopted by the organizing committee about any aspect regarding the contest.
The Celtic Mystery Festival is an intellectual property of Patricia L Locche and protected by copyright.
For any further information you can contact master (at) fenetwork (dot) org